Woman allegedly raped at illegal gambling den lodges police report

SERDANG: The woman who was allegedly raped during a robbery at an illegal gambling den in Bandar Kinrara, Puchong has lodged a police report on the incident.

Serdang district police chief ACP Megat Mohamad Aminuddin Megat Alias said the 33-year-old woman made a police report at the Serdang district police headquarters at 6pm on Tuesday.

"The victim, an Indonesian was hiding in her acquaintance's home all the while as her passport and personal documents were stolen by the suspects," he told a press conference at the district police headquarters.

Megat Mohamad added the Bangladeshi national who was also at the premise at the time of the robbery had lodged a police report on Tuesday.

"In the incident two suspects walked in to the place on the pretext of being customers when the premise was empty and then brandished knives and robbed the Bangladeshi man. The suspects then focused their attention on the woman and took turns raping her.

"The two suspects stole the identification and travel documents of both victims before fleeing. The woman was afraid to come forward as she did not have any documents on her," he said.

Megat Mohamad said police were also investigating the illegal den's operations now.

"Based on our findings, the den has been operating for a month," he added.

The victim will be taken to the Serdang Hospital for a thorough medical evaluation.

In the 11am incident last Thursday, closed-circuit television video (CCTV) footage showed two men robbing the illegal gambling den and then took turns to sexually assault the cashier in a hidden corner of the outlet.

Footage of them taking turns forcing themselves on the victim went viral along with photos of the alleged suspects.

The four-minute video prompted netizens to call on the authorities to punish the suspects for their crime.

The owner of the den lodged a police report on the incident three days later.

On Sunday, one of the suspects involved in the incident was arrested at his home in Kuala Selangor.

The man had tested positive for methamphetamine and has two prior drug-related records.

He has been remanded for a week until May 20 to facilitate investigations while police are still on the hunt for the remaining suspect.