Lighter removed from stomach of man who swallowed it 20 years ago

SWALLOWING inorganic objects will lead to medical complications. A middle-aged man in Sichuan province learned this the hard way.

Twenty years after ingesting a lighter, he suffered unbearable stomach paint and had blood in his stool.

A Chinese news portal recently reported that doctors performed a gastroscopy and discovered what appeared to be an incendiary device inside his stomach.

The patient recalled swallowing a lighter some 20 years ago but couldn't explain his action.

Doctors were able to remove the lighter. Twenty years, the man is probably wiser and would probably swallow another inorganic object.