CFM recorded 7,556 complaints in 2016 and resolved 99% of it

PETALING JAYA: The Communications and Multimedia Consumer Forum of Malaysia (CFM) had recorded an astounding 7,556 valid complaints and 2,385 general enquiries on both Communications and Multimedia services in 2016.

CFM chairman Megat Ishak Maamunor Rashid said said as a result of their close rapport with various Service Providers (SP), they managed to resolved 99% of the total complaints received with the remaining 1% still under investigation.

"Among the top five consumer complaint categories received by CFM in 2016 were billing and charging (2,914), poor service (2,506), poor coverage (619), unfair practices (442) and no coverage (404).

"All the complaints were received from the consumers through various channels made available to the public such as CFM Online Complaint Portal (CoP), hotline, email and CFM MYMobileRight Complaint application," he said in a statement issued.

He added that although there has been an increase of 3.14% of valid complaints, CFM managed to resolve 90% of the complaints received within 30 business days.

"Complaints that take more than 30 business days to resolve are usually due to its complexity and dependency on other factors or parties and for that we would like the consumers to provide all relevant supporting information or documents as requested by the service providers upon complaints submission to facilitate its resolution.

Meanwhile, as a designated forum that protects the rights of consumers, Megat Ishak said, they will continue to monitor the service delivery of the various service providers by providing them the necessary facilitation required in order for them to resolve the issues efficiently and expediently.