Van catches fire in parking lot

15 Feb 2015 / 19:05 H.

    JELEBU: A vegetable seller experienced a frantic moment when his Subaru van caught fire in front of D'Sury Hall near the Kuala Klawang District Council office here this morning.
    Soi Chong Chang, 76, said incident occurred at 9.07am, moments after he parked his van to start his business at a Farmers' Market there.
    "Suddenly I saw smoke coming out from the engine compartment and quickly rushed out of the van and then contacted the Fire and Rescue Department," he told Bernama when met at the scene.
    Meanwhile, senior fire officer at the Jelebu Fire and Rescue station, Kamarulhuzaimi Harith, said a team of six firemen went to the scene and took eight minutes to douse the flame.
    He believed the fire was caused by a faulty wiring. There was no casualty. – Bernama

    thesundaily_my Sentifi Top 10 talked about stocks