AG Report: Surprise inspections conducted on 172 Federal Statutory Bodies last year

23 Nov 2015 / 13:52 H.

KUALA LUMPUR: The Auditor General's Deparment conducted surprise inspections on 172 offices of Federal Statutory Bodies across the country last year.
According to the AG's Report, the audits were conducted to determine whether revenue, public money, public property and valuable items in the custodian/supervision of the authorised officers were properly accounted, controlled and safely kept.
In total, 39 out of 172 offices or 22.7% complied with the regulations and primary procedures while the remaining of 133 offices or 77.3% did not comply fully.
Among the non-compliance were cash collections and receipts not properly issued, improper management of petty cash, surprise inspections were not carried out by the Heads of Department, letters on the delegation of authority were not prepared, poor management of safety vault and payment vouchers were not supported with complete documents.
The report said these Federal Statutory Bodies need to take appropriate actions such as improving internal controls and complying with effective financial regulations.

thesundaily_my Sentifi Top 10 talked about stocks