PUTRAJAYA: There will be no more Enforcement Cards (E-Cards) issued to foreign workers. Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi today said that the Immigration Department has officially stopped issuing E-cards after the deadline yesterday. "We have stopped issuing E-cards, and stern action will be taken. The Immigration chief has already issued a few warnings, so I do not think any more warnings are necessary," Zahid said to the media at his Aidilfitri open house today. Immigration director-general Datuk Seri Mustafar Ali said only 23% or 161,056 illegal foreign workers had been registered until 10pm yesterday, which was two hours from the final registration deadline at 12am. Mustafar had said yesterday that employers had been given ample time since Feb 15, and that the deadline will not be extended. "The migrants are here in Malaysia to earn a living and we do not stop them, as long as they earn it legally. We are not blaming anyone, but both employers and employees should have been responsible if they didn't have a working visa," Zahid said. To those who intend to apply for an extension, this will no longer be possible, Zahid reiterated. Meanwhile, the Home Minister also debunked news from a Japanese agency that Malaysia has stopped issuing work permits for North Koreans. "This is not true and there has been no instruction issued," he said.