JOHOR BARU: A stretch of the Johor Causeway which was resurfaced recently is still under maintenance status, highway concessionaire PLUS said today. A call to the PLUS hotline at 5.35pm today showed that the 500m stretch was undergoing maintenance work since May 4. The official said the maintenance work will depend on the traffic situation. "Work will stop if the traffic is heavy, such as on the eve of polling day," the official added. She said maintenance work is usually carried out during off-peak times between 1am to 5am. She was however unable to confirm when the maintenance work will be completed. Earlier today, Barisan Nasional's Pulai candidate Datuk Nur Jazlan Mohamed when contacted said the work had already been completed on Saturday. Viral photos of the road works has been circulating online, with netizens claiming that this was a ploy to create jams at the Causeway to prevent people from coming back to vote.