TRIUMPH Motorcycles Malaysia unveiled the 2020 Triumph Street Triple RS at the Sepang International Circuit, last Friday.
The latest iteration of the Street Triple, first launched in 2007, promises more power and torque; much more aggressive attitude, poise and styling; and features even better technology and specifications.
“The best news is that the selling price of the 2020 Street Triple RS remains unchanged from that of the previous model at RM67,900 (inclusive of 10% sales and service tax),” said Datuk Razak Al Malique, CEO of Fast Bikes Sdn Bhd and Triumph Motorcycles Malaysia.
He added that the latest version of the Street Triple is the ultimate performance streetbike with its proven 765cc engine benefitting from expert tuning by Triumph’s Moto2 engine team.
“Despite having received significant all-round upgrades with top-spec components and the latest technologies, we are delighted to offer bikers the opportunity to experience the thrilling new Street Triple RS with no price increase from the superseded model,” he said.
The 2020 Street Triple RS will be available for viewing and booking at all Triumph Motorcycles Malaysia showrooms from now with deliveries commencing in January 2020.
What is new?
‘A major step up in performance – more power, more torque...’
- Significant Euro 5 update to the 765cc triple engine, developed by Triumph’s Moto2 engine team.
- More peak torque, at 79Nm at 9,350rpm, plus 9% higher mid-range torque.
- 9% more mid-range power, peaking at 121hp at 11,750rpm.
- More responsive throttle.
- New freer flowing silencer delivering a crisper, more distinctive sound.
- Smooth, refined gearbox, with slip and assist clutch.
‘Much more aggressive attitude, poise and styling...’
- New distinctive and striking twin LED headlights with daytime running lights.
- New sporty, angular bodywork in contemporary new colours.
- New style silencer with premium carbon fibre finisher.
- Enhanced finish and detailing across the whole motorcycle, including new mirrors, new branded handlebar clamp and new Titanium Silver main frame.
- Interchangeable seat cowl and pillion seat, with enhanced ergonomics.
‘Even better technology...’
- Enhanced TFT functionality including new style graphics.
- MyTriumph connectivity system enabled, delivering GoPro interaction.
- Turn-by-turn navigation and music and phone operation.
- New Triumph Shift Assist, up and down quick-shifter.
- Five improved riding modes: Road, Rain, Sport, Track, and Rider configurable.
- Incredible high level of standard specification.
‘The ultimate performance street motorcycle...’
- The lightest bike in class.
- Incredible power-to-weight ratio.
- Globally renowned agile, dynamic and exhilarating handling.
- Premium standard of specification and equipment, including Brembo M50 brakes, fully adjustable Öhlins suspension and Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP V3 tyres.
‘More than 60 genuine Street Triple accessories for added protection, comfort and style...’
- New first-in-class scrolling LED indicators.
- New luggage with quick release mounting functionality.
Engine: 765cc, Liquid-cooled, 12 valve, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder
Bore & stroke: 77.99mm / 53.4mm
Max. power: 121.36bhp @ 11,750rpm
Max. torque: 79Nm @ 9,350rpm
System: Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection with SAI. Electronic throttle control.
Exhaust: Stainless steel 3-into-1 exhaust system low single sided stainless steel silencer
Final drive: X ring chain
Clutch: Wet, multi-plate, slip-assisted
Gearbox: 6-speed with Triumph Shift Assist
Frame: Front – Aluminium beam twin spar. Rear – 2-piece high pressure die cast
Swingarm: Twin-sided, cast aluminium alloy
Front rim: Cast aluminium alloy 5-spoke 17 x 3.5 in
Rear rim: Cast aluminium alloy 5-spoke 17 x 5.5 in
Front tyre: 120/70 ZR17
Rear tyre: 180/55 ZR17
Front suspension: Showa 41 mm upside down big piston forks, adjustable compression damping, rebound damping and preload adjustment
Rear suspension: Ohlins STX40 fully-adjustable piggyback reservoir RSU
Front brake: Twin 310mm floating discs, Brembo M50 4-piston radial monobloc calipers
Rear brake: Single 220mm disc, Brembo single piston caliper, switchable ABS
Handlebar width: 775mm
Height without mirrors: 1,085mm
Seat height: 840mm
Rake: 23.9 degrees
Dry weight: 166kg
Fue; tank capacity: 17.4 litres
Fuel consumption **: 5.2 litres/100km
**Fuel consumption are measured according to regulation 168/2013/EC. Figures on fuel consumption are derived from specific test conditions and are for comparative purposes only. They may not reflect real driving results.