SEARCH

Administrative EMCO in Melor Zone, Aman Jaya ends today -Ismail Sabri

27 Sep 2020 / 17:38 H.

KUALA LUMPUR: The administrative Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO) imposed in the Melor zone, Amanjaya, Kedah, which has been extended for two weeks, will officially end today, said Senior Minister (Security Cluster) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob. (pix)

He said that the decision to end the administrative EMCO was reached after there was no new Covid-19 cases were recorded in the zone since Sept 14.

“A total of 4,931 samples were taken in the Melor zone and the number of positive Covid-19 cases remained at 13 cases as recorded on Sept 13,” he said in a statement today.

The government previously announced the implementation of the administrative EMCO in Amanjaya, Kedah starting Aug 27 which involved three zones, namely Kenanga, Mawar and Melor.

However, the order imposed in Kenanga and Mawar zones ended on Sept 13, while for the Melor zone, it had to be extended to Sept 27 following 12 positive Covid-19 cases detected in the second screening conducted in the area.

Meanwhile, Ismail Sabri said the Royal Malaysia Police (PDRM) arrested 523 individuals for breaching the Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) yesterday. Of that number, 483 individuals were issued with compounds while 40 others were remanded.

He said the highest number of offences reported involved nightclubs and pubs with 356 individuals detained while failure to practice physical distancing (105); failing to wear face masks (38); failing to provide equipment for recording visitors’ particulars (20) and four illegal immigrants were also detained.

On ‘Ops Benteng’, Ismail Sabri said a total of 75 illegal immigrants were detained and three vehicles were also seized yesterday.

“A total of 98 roadblocks of ‘Ops Benteng’ were mounted yesterday involving PDRM (76), Malaysian Border Security Agency (10) and the Malaysian Armed Forces (12),” he said.

Meanwhile, Ismail Sabri said 35,991 individuals from 33 countries returned to Malaysia via international entry points since July 24 and were housed in 67 hotels and nine other premises including public training institutes (ILA) and private educational institutions in Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Negeri Sembilan, Penang, Johor, Sarawak, Kelantan, Perak, Kedah, Perlis, Terengganu, Sabah and Labuan.

“Of that number, 8,349 individuals are undergoing mandatory quarantine while 103 individuals have been sent to hospital for treatment. A total of 27,539 individuals have been discharged and allowed to return home,” he said. -Bernama

email blast