Raya celebrations will be quite different this year but there is no reason why we can’t enjoy a proper Raya feast at home. Berjaya Times Square Hotel in the spirit of Aidilfitri would like to share three amazing recipes that BUZZ readers can try at home in conjunction with its Hari Raya Dining Feast promotion.
1. Rendang Daging Nismilan
» Sliced Beef 1 kg
» Red Onions 100 gm
» Garlic 100 gm
» Ginger 100gm
» Galanga 60gm
» Fried Coconut Paste 100gm
» Slice Tamarind 4pieces
» Coconut Milk 1kg
» Birds Eye Chili 10 Pieces
» Ground Chili 40gm
» Lime Leaves 6 sheets
» Turmeric Leaves 4 sheets
» Lemongrass 100gm
» Cooking Oil 4tbs
» Salt to taste
» Chicken Stock Powder to taste
» Palm Sugar 20gm
1. Heat up some oil and sauté red onions, garlic and ginger until aromatic.
2. A ground chilli into the hot oil and stir until cooked.
3. Put in the beef, sliced tamarind and birds eye chilli. Stir and mix well.
4. Put in the remaining cooking oil, fried coconut paste, lemongrass and chicken powder.
5. Add the Lime and Turmeric leaves.
6. Put in the Palm Sugar and stir in all the remaining ingredients until the meat is tender.
7. Rendang Daging Nismilan is ready to be served.
2. Chicken Confit with Mushroom and Lentils
» Chicken Thigh 1
» Corn Oil 150ml
» Lemon Zest 15gm
» Bay leaf 1
» Fresh Herbs 5gm
» Shallot 15gm
» Garlic 10gm
» Button Mushroom 10gm
» Shimeji Mushroom 10gm
» Shitake Mushroom 10gm
» Oyster Mushroom 10gm
» Brown Lentil 30gm
» Capsicum 10gm
» Chicken Stock 20ml
» Cream 10ml
» Butter 5gm
» Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Mix Ingredient A together in a medium-size pot and cook for 30-40 minutes using low to medium heat.
2. When the chicken is tender, remove from pot.
3. Sear the chicken in a skillet until golden brown.
4. Cook brown lentils till tender, strain the water and keep aside.
5. In a medium-sized pan, add oil and sauté all the mushrooms and capsicum with chicken stock until cook.
6. Add lentils, cream and butter to finish the dish.
3. Rainbow Ruby Dessert
» Water Chestnut Cubes 10gm
» Sweet Potato Cubes 5gm
» Yam Cubes 10gm
» Sweet Turnip Cubes 10gm
» Sugar Syrup 10gm
» Tapioca Flour 10gm
» Rainbow Ruby Sauce 50gm
» Coconut Milk 100gm
» Water 100gm
» Sugar 30gm
» Salt 5gm
» Jackfruit 10gm
1. Boil sweet potatoes, sweet turnip and yam separately until cooked.
2. Boil water chestnut till cooked, strain and immediately immerse in ice water.
3. Add red colouring to water chestnut, green colouring to yam and blue colouring to turnip.
4. Dry all the coloured cubes before coating with tapioca flour.
5. Boil the cubes for 5-10 minutes, strain and immerse in ice water immediately.
6. After cool down add sugar syrup and rainbow ruby sauce mix well.
7. Boil Ingredient C and stir until sugar is diluted. Switch off the heat.
8. Add the rainbow cubes and garnish with jackfruit and crushed ice.
For a step by step guide, visit Berjaya Times Square Hotel’s Facebook Live video here: https://tinyurl.com/BTSHKLRayaDelights