SEARCH

JHEV to pay out RM5.3m to MAF veterans: Ismail Sabri

25 Mar 2020 / 18:56 H.

KUALA LUMPUR: The Malaysian Armed Forces (MAF) Veterans Affairs Department (JHEV) will be channeling funds from its collection including matching grant exceeding RM5.3 million to 74 veterans associations.

Senior Minister (Defense) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob (pix) said the redistribution under the 2019 Warriors Fund Campaign would be carried out by the end of this month.

He said the total collection was RM2.5 million while the matching grant from JHEV was more than RM2.5 million.

“It is hoped all collections including the matching grant would be fully utilised for the welfare of MAF veterans throughout the country.

“The implementation will be monitored to ensure the fund is distributed to eligible MAF veterans according to the guidelines set by JHEV,” he said at a special media conference at Wisma Pertahanan today.

In this regard, Ismail said the phase two payment of Malaysian Service Medal (PJM) Memory Allowance would be expedited to the last week of March.

The phase two payment which should be implemented in April, will benefit 40,000 recipients involving an allocation of RM20 million.

“The first phase of one-off allowance payment was settled on March 12 involving payment to 30,000 recipients,” he said.

He said the Defence Ministry is also seeking additional allocation following an increase in the registration of PJM recipients since it was announced in Budget 2020.

At the same time, Ismail Sabri announced the Defence Ministry has agreed to expedite the payment of RM300 as Cost of Living Aid (BSH) to MAF veterans and their dependents.

“The financial assistance will be paid monthly from April 1 to 4,800 eligible recipients.

“The aid is one of the financial programmes under JHEV to look after the welfare of MAF veterans and their dependents to improve their livelihood,“ he said.

In another development, ATM received 50,000 face masks for MAF officers and men on duty during the Movement Control Order.

Today, Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin in a special message said the Movement Control Order has been extended to April 14 2020. - Bernama

email blast