EPF: We won’t let go of PLUS for anything less than fair value

11 Oct 2019 / 22:12 H.

PETALING JAYA: The Employees Provident Fund (EPF) said it takes note of the government’s announcement on PLUS Malaysia Bhd (PLUS) at the tabling of Budget 2020, as well as the decision to reduce average toll charges by 18% across all highways owned by PLUS.

However, the pension fund’s CEO Tunku Alizakri Alias assured that it will not let go of PLUS for anything less than its fair value.

“We take cognisance of the decision made and will hold discussions with the government and Khazanah Nasional Bhd as soon as possible to ensure that any final resolution protects our members’ interests,” he said in a statement.

Khazanah owns 51% of PLUS while the EPF holds the remaining 49%.

Alizakri said EPF was glad that this long-running matter will soon come to a satisfactory conclusion that takes into account its concerns and recognises the actual worth of the asset.

“PLUS has contributed significantly to the EPF both through financial returns as well as social benefits in the form of safe, convenient and comfortable highways for our members and Malaysians in general.”

Untitled Document

email blast